Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I JUST JOINED THE 2014 A-Z BLOGGING CHALLENGE!


As you can see by the lovely badge to the right, I  am now a bona fide member of the 2014 A-Z Blogging Challenge, which starts April 1 (and from the starting date, I might be April’s fool for even thinking I can do this on a daily basis. Time will tell).

 I really wanted to join last year, but since I only learned of it a few weeks before it was to start, and I was already booked to attend a conference during part of April, I had to pass on it. Not so this year. I am busier than life, but I’m going to jump in anyway and either swim or drown.

I really debated on giving editing tips each day in my A-Z blog chats, but the idea didn’t thrill me. Basically, there’s nothing I can write about that you can’t look up in a book, and probably a lot quicker than reading one of my windy blog articles.

So I’m going to surprise you and write about lots of ideas, but all following the A to Z format.

I’m hoping some of you, preferably a lot of you, will cheer me on when I’m thinking of reading a book, editing a novel, or watching a movie instead of blogging. I also hope that you will actually read the twenty-six blog articles I will be posting throughout the month, and please leave a comment or two. Feel free to lie if you’re in a negative mood. :-)

Happy writing, and if you feel like writing a lot, click on my A-Z Challenge badge and sign up to join the fun.

7 comments:

  1. So glad you joined. Ideas are good. I didn't have a theme last year, and it worked out just fine.
    Welcome aboard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, here is what the signature will look like (normally, I put it right after my name)
    Silvia @
    SilviaWrites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am passing by from the A to Z, I have leapt onto the list later this year so am not far below you. Which means I will be passing your blog from time to time to see what you are up too. I hope it all goes to plan, it is best to be prepared in advance if you can.

    Good Luck

    Rob Z Tobor

    By the way you have the CAPTCHA on at present and some folk can be funny about that and will not comment, it is generally best to turn it off if only for the A to Z. With blogger you can also kill the Anons comment option and that will avoid 99% of junk mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Robert, but I am so new at this I don't even know what the CAPTCHA is. Do I still have it on? I think I turned it off--If not, I'm guessing it's the wrong thing. Can you explain further?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following, CAPTCHA is where you have to guess the numbers or letters before it will let you post. . . . . If you read this then all is well and the masses doing the A to Z will be happy . . . .

    I will do a follow back, but it can be hard to follow loads of blogs without giving up eating or going out. . .

    AH CAPTCHA appears to be still on . . . . its a pesky thing and I cant remember off the top of my head where it is in the settings.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's off now. BTW, checked out some of your art on your blog. Very good. Reminds me of the cover art on the novel, It's Kind of a Funny Story (art by Abigail Smith). But your art is naturally different, unique. Nice!

      Delete