Monday, February 17, 2020

Early Spring or a Twisted Mind?


 



Reports state that the groundhog did not see his shadow this year; thus, we’ll be blessed with an early spring.
I think the sadistic brat lied. For all I know, the little devil was holding a red apple when he or she made the announcement.

There’s a meme on Facebook with the groundhog admitting he lied, but I’d hoped the post had been fabricated by someone trying to be funny, or cruel. After all, if the little bugger actually saw his shadow, we’d be stuck with another six weeks of winter. Even suggesting this may be our fate rings of cruelty, don’t you think?
And yet, here in the winter wonderland known as Minnesota, we’re going to be showered with a freezing rain this evening. What kind of early spring is that? Rain, yes; freezing, no!

Isn’t this sort of undeniable proof that the groundhog is guilty of: false advertising, cruelty against animals and the human race, and depraved indifference, resulting in who knows how many crimes­­ as extended winters force people into depression which can induce negative responses and actions.
I say we put that groundhog behind bars!
Any bounty hunters out there willing to catch the culprit? I’ll put up a $1 reward payable through PayPal immediately upon delivery.

4 comments:

  1. haha the overgrown rodent sure is a liar indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please note that the traditions associated with Groundhog Day are mainly based on those in Europe surrounding the badger.

    People who had no meteorologists and who were completely dependent on the weather to grow crops so they wouldn't starve to death noticed that if the weather in early February, around Candlemas, was really bad, winter was "spending itself out" right then, and spring would come early.

    If the weather was beautiful, and the badger or groundhog or whatever creature could come out and see it's shadow, winter was going to come roaring back.

    This held true enough of the time that it became accepted as fact. What people forget is that it is local to you -- if your weather at that time is good, your area will get more winter, and if your weather at that time is awful, spring will come soon.

    The groundhog himself has had no part in the people of Punxsutawney, PA, billing their critter as the prognosticator for the whole country. He never claimed more than what the originators of the legend believed themselves, that it depends on where you live.

    Let's not blame the groundhog, he has no clue what the weather was like in your area and was only predicting for his place. It's his handlers who have blown it out of proportion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 Jam wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this wonderful post, I want to use this opportunity to share about My life how I strunggled with Hiv/Aids Disease before the Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Neuromuscular Diseases , Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, ..www.drituaherbalcenter.com .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete