Friday, April 12, 2024

K — KOSA, written by John Durgin; reviewed by Amanda Ruzsa, Blood of My Pen.

Published by DarkLit Press.

PRE-ORDER HERE FOR FREE DELIVERY MAY 17th!

This book was written in the vein of a Rapunzel story, with the young girl, Kosa, living under her controlling mother’s rules. She is taught and warned never to step outside the shelters of their home area and to fear the darkness beyond their home. As a youngster, Kosa accepts whatever Mama says. But as Kosa gets older, her curiosity may save her or destroy her. You have to read the book to find out.

This book was amazing. I am still processing it days after reading it. I wish there was more, but in a good way. KOSA is an immersive, anxiety-inducing story. With threads of the classic fairy tale and vivid imagery, we are pulled into a horrific twist on an already creepy tale. The characters are so well portrayed that at times it’s easy to love/hate them, because they feel alive. I thoroughly enjoyed this haunting tale.

Enjoy the read!

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting read. You paint a picture of it that makes me want to add it to my To-Be-Read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem believing that this book caused anxiety, i just looked at the cover and it gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds thrilling. I've added it to my TBR.

    Ronel visiting for K: My Languishing TBR: K
    Two-Faced Kishi

    ReplyDelete