Monday, April 22, 2024

S — SHE SAID: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement, written by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey

 SHE SAID is the story of the investigation that Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey, Pulitzer prize-winning reporters for the New York Times, led when they broke the news of Harvey Weinstein’s sexual harassment and assault. 

Published by Penguin books and reviewed by Debi O’Neille.

Though most of my reviews have been on fiction, this book is the true story of two brave and determined reporters covering what many did not want told. The book includes private interviews, off-the-record information, and facts of the turmoil many women suffered during and since their victimization.

Parts of this novel literally made me sick to my stomach, and yet I never doubted a word of it.  SHE SAID is  hard to read because each disgusting and horrifying event mentioned really happened. Much of it angered me, as I’m sure it will you, but don’t turn away from reading it. It’s history. It’s important. Only by knowing facts can we begin to understand how to reshape our futures.

Hopeful reading!

 

c

13 comments:

  1. Well said. I need to read this. It should anger all of us.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the guy went to prison for what he did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie was really good but I haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to watch the movie. I didn't even know there was one, but I'm glad there is.

      Delete
  4. I need to read this.

    oh, southern book clubs guide to slaying vampires absolutely includes real vampires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. I'll buy it for my daughter instead of for myself. :-) I'm always short of sleep the way it is without adding nightmares to the mix.

      Delete
  5. It's time for these things to stop, and they won't until such truth comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for pointing this out, Deb. It's difficult to read, I'm sure, but oh, so important. I certainly will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you will find interest in this story.

      Delete